SOUNZ work benefits communities and individuals with lasting, positive impacts by facilitating connections and opportunities to create, perform, share and preserve the music and arts culture of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Connecting people through music
Music and storytelling play a part in everyone’s lives to some degree and is a proven way to connect people on many different levels, across all communities. SOUNZ is actively partnering with the communities we serve, to be more inclusive in our offerings to:
- Reflect the cultural identity of Aotearoa New Zealand through the communities and music we represent.
- Build a sense of connectedness and identity through music within and between communities in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Provide New Zealanders with a sense of well-being through participation in the arts.
- Expand the breadth and depth of repertoire for the music of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Increase performances of the music of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Create opportunities for composers of Aotearoa New Zealand to develop their art.
How SOUNZ impacts the communities we serve:
- Connectedness of individuals and communities with their culture and each other through the sharing of their history, tikanga and stories through music.
- Recognise that it is important for people to feel a sense of identity through music.
- Inspire, encourage and provide greater opportunities for participation in the arts and music.
- Provide easy, free access to music and storytelling to be enjoyed and shared by everyone, anywhere, at any time.
- Widely promote the music of Aotearoa New Zealand using digital platforms for the enjoyment of all.
- Preserve and celebrate the music and storytelling that are our combined heritage.
- Facilitate greater understanding and pride through knowledge and sharing.
- Inclusiveness of the communities we represent and enrich the music and culture of our country.